Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beach Daze



Every time my eyes see the Gulf of Mexico in the summer, my mind is taken on a journey into my childhood. Driving to the beach with my brother and parents in the station-wagon, on a hot Florida summer day, with the windows rolled down and Huey Lewis and the News on the radio. As I close my eyes and drift away into my imagination, the hot summer breeze and blazing summer sunshine hit my face, and for that moment, I feel free. The water looks like a pool of limitless possibilities...similar to life. Approximately 80 percent of Earth's surface is covered with water (Source: http://www.epa.gov/gmpo/edresources/water_5.html). That statement alone should metaphorically tell us a lot about what the world has to offer. So much life has yet to be lived. So many stones remain unturned, not geographically speaking. Just the sight of this beautiful beach daze sends my mind racing with hope. Hope that one day my journey will be surrounded by others who share my passion and appreciation for the landscape God has painted for us.

No comments: